Friday, March 29, 2013

Pizza for One

Who doesn't love pizza?  But sometimes you want a little control over the pie, don't want a ton of crust, and also don't want to work that hard.  After having the afternoon off and erranding I stocked up on groceries for the weekend, Easter potluck contributions, and the coming week.  While grocery shopping I developed a craving for pizza.  (I probably shouldn't have shopped hungry and I bet my bill would have been half as much.)

This isn't rocket science and I'm sure you've made your own pizza before.  But this was too pretty and delicious not to share.  It will probably be dinner many nights this coming week.   

Ingredients:
1 tortilla (I used the super high fiber new fangled olive oil flavored ones found in the deli)
A few tablespoons of pizza sauce
2 cups raw spinach sauteed in a drizzle of canola oil with salt, pepper, and garlic powder 
2 button mushrooms sliced
1 and a half artichoke hearts chopped
1 small chicken sausage link sliced (already cooked so I tossed with the spinach to heat up)
A thick slice of a mozzarella ball
season with basil, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.  On a cookie sheet place tortilla.  Smear with pizza sauce.  Top sauce with seasoning and then with all the things you want.  Heat in oven for 5-10 minutes.  I didn't really time it.  Not very long.  And voila.  Satisfies the pizza craving without tempting leftovers.  Nom nom.   


No comments:

Post a Comment