Monday, March 25, 2013

Mac and Cheese - ish

The raiding of the fridge
There was a lot of snow on the ground this morning.  I had a busy weekend.  I have ambitions to get to a spin class tonight.  It is Monday.  So many reasons I just didn't have the energy to go fetch groceries on the way home.  So, this is the sort of meal that was conjured driving home in my head, taking a mental inventory of my fridge and hoping I remembered the ingredients I had on hand, while craving mac and cheese.  Whipped this up and probably have enough for a few lunches this week.

Anyways... here is my made up, raiding the fridge, Mac and Cheese-ish.

Ingredients
Half a block of yummy Irish cheese
The prepping of ingredients
1/4 c shredded parm (I have a freezer bag full of it)
1 1/2 crowns broccoli (was intended for hummus snacks, but I was being slow)
Healthy sprinkling of garlic powder
1 can of chickpeas
half a box or so of whole wheat spaghetti (I would have preferred spirals or something, but again this was a rather impromptu creation)
splash of skim milk
juice of half a lemon
salt


Directions
In the pot
Boil pasta to package directions.  When there is about 5 minutes left, throw in broccoli to boiling pasta water.  Reserve a half cup or so of pasta water.

When pasta is done strain pasta and broccoli.  Throw back in pot.  Add reserved pasta water, splash of milk, cheese, can of chickpeas, garlic powder, salt, and the juice of half a lemon.

Voila.  I pretended this was mac and cheese, though, it was no where close.  But it was yummy nonetheless.








No comments:

Post a Comment