Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Curried Chicken Salad



Friday night was glorious.  I had an overdue date with myself.  I stopped by the grocery on the way home with plans to roast my own chicken.  But genius-ly noticed the rotisserie chickens were $6 and a raw whole chicken was $8.  I'll save roasting my own for another day.  It was already pushing 6:00 pm and I was hungry.  I took my garlic rosemary chicken home, had one skinless breast, made some homemade hummus, had lots of veggies to dip, and cracked into a bottle of Jefferson Vineyards Meritage and stopped the remote on some trashy British comedy show on public broadcasting.  I need evenings like that more often.

But what to do with the rest of that chicken?  I shredded it, froze half, and with the other half, made some yummy chicken salad for lunches this week.  I'll probably so the same with the frozen portion - later.  I just don't like committing to 4 meals in a row of the same thing.


Curried Chicken Salad
Makes 2 servings

~1.5 Cups shredded rotisserie chicken
2 T reduced fat mayo
Enough curry that you can taste it ~ 1 T ?
2 T raisins
A dash of Splenda
Nuts optional.  It'd be good with slivered almonds.

Mix.  Enjoy for lunch 2 days in a row.







No comments:

Post a Comment