Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sauteed Kale and Shrimp



IMG_20130130_121902.jpg
Threw this in a skillet while I was eating breakfast this morning to have some lean protein and greenery for lunch.  At first when I was eating lunch, my co-workers thought I was slacking because all they could see was pretzels, cheese, and an apple.  But then they saw my bowl of yum.  (This was the perfect precursor to my Ben and Jerry's fro yo treat since it's pushing 70 degrees in January...)

Sauteed Kale and Shrimp
Ingredients
2 oz frozen shrimp (thawed under running water)
3 stems of kale
1 tsp canola
1 T slivered almonds
1 T raisins
Hot sauce of choice; Garlic Powder; Salt Pepper.


Heat canola in skillet.  Add in kale, garlic, salt, pepper.  Saute a few minutes.  Add in shrimp.  Cook until pink.  Toss in raisins, almonds, and hot sauce.  Eat for lunch cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment