Tuesday, May 14, 2013

An Awesome Sandwich with Honeycomb

I'm not even huge on sandwiches.  But man, this was a good sandwich.  An awesome hurried dinner for what became an awesome (somewhat unexpectedly so) evening.  A month ago, I bought some raw honeycomb from the Savannah Bee Company.  I stopped off at Whole Foods on my way home starving and with a desire to use this honey in my dinner - and with only literally like 10 minutes to change, put away groceries, and get out the door eating dinner as I walked.  I love the life I lead.  But my dinner became this.

Ingredients: 
1 cranberry flat sandwich bread thing toasted
4 pieces of uncured salami
small smear of brie like soft cheese slightly stinkier (the $5 cheese not the $12)
1 tsp honey comb
giant handful of mixed greens from the CSA

Directions: 
Assemble.  Devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment