Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Clean Out the Veggie Drawer Tacos


 Today is CSA pick-up day!  I swear, it's like I get Christmas once a week in the form of a Lancaster Farm Fresh box. But in order to make room in my fridge for this week's delectables, I was having a bit of a backlog and needing to eat to make space.  My own damned fault, really.  I had the audacity to buy veggies in a grocery store.  Even though I am well aware of the fact that my second full time job is preparing and eating the CSA.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it.  I have gotten to the point of packing dinners to take to work to eat before happy hours.  Kale > bar food, in case you were wondering.  Anyways, I digress... My tacos:


Ingredients
1 T canola oil
1 summer squash diced
1 bunch asparagus diced
4 scallions diced
1 can black beans
1/2 bunch cilantro
3 small tomatoes
1 mango diced
avocado
2 limes
corn taco shells


Directions
Heat pan to medium heat. Add oil.  Add asparagus, squash, scallions.  Season  well with cumin, garlic  powder, and salt.  While that cooks for a bit dice mango, tomato, and cilantro.  Add rinsed can of black beans.  Cook for a few minutes more, seasoning more if needed.  Turn off heat and add mango, cilantro, and tomato.  Stir well.  Put 3 taco shells on a plate and microwave under a wet paper towel for 30 seconds.  Fill taco shells and top with 1/4 of avocado sliced.

I will be noshing on this all week.  I will probably eat it cold on a salad, cold on taco shells, we'll see.









No comments:

Post a Comment