Friday, July 19, 2013

Poached Eggs in Zucchini and Tomatoes


After a week of feeling like a vacuum eating out of a trough at a conference, I needed a simple veggie-full breakfast.  Even though my alarm was set for PM today, I still managed to wake up in time and was able to pull this simple concoction together.  Delish.

Ingredients:
1 tsp canola
1 small zucchini
2 whole tomatoes and some juice from a can of tomatoes
2 eggs
salt, pepper, garlic powder

Directions:
In an iron skillet, saute diced zucchini in canola oil. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Cook until edges are brownish, but not too long.  I like my veggies to not be overcooked.  Add in tomatoes.  Break them up with the edge of a spatula.  Pushing veggies aside, crack two eggs in the skillet on the juicy side.  Cook until the whites are set.  Eat!  I mixed it all up in a massive bowl.       

No comments:

Post a Comment