Monday, July 22, 2013

Watermelon Mojito Sorbet


My quest to play with my KitchenAid ice cream maker continues..  My adventures have been delicious, but one thing I've wanted to overcome is that homemade concoctions are rock hard in the freezer.  Reading up on ice cream, that's where sugar and fat helps are helpful. I made an attempt for booze to help with that problem... but still frozen solid.  Eat as soon as it comes out of the ice cream maker for soft serve or leave out for awhile to defrost when you are ready to eat.  Tasty stuff.  I'm wagering this would be good as a drink also.. probably with more rum.

Ingredients:
1 quart pureed watermelon (~1/2 medium melon)
1 lime - zest and juice
6 mint sprigs
1/4 C rum


Directions:
I used my immersion blender attachment to puree watermelon in batches - (a food processor would work too.)  Put watermelon puree in mixing bowl.  Zest lime, and add zest to watermelon.  With immersion blender or food processor add juice of lime, rum, and mint leaves.  Puree.  Add to mixing bowl.  Keep in fridge until ready to add to ice cream maker.  Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer directions.  





No comments:

Post a Comment