Thursday, July 4, 2013

Banana PB/Sunbutter Fro Yo

This was a phenomenal concoction modified from a Chiquita Banana Recipe I found.  I substituted Sunbutter for the PB, because I had it in the fridge leftover from Memorial Day beach week -a perk from being the last to leave, I guess.  (Going out on a limb and guessing that was a Theo purchase?)

But I had these ingredients all on hand.  And plans that fell through on a Friday night.  May as well make fro yo, order pizza on a cracker from Domino's, and call over reinforcements who smartly shows up with wine and conversation.

This fro yo was so good I put the ice cream bowl in a hot water bath in the kitchen sink to properly scrape the bowl.  I may need to remember to do that all the time.  I got an extra cup it seemed.  Some for the freezer some for my face.


Serves ~8
Ingredients:

4 ripe bananas (diced and frozen in a freezer bag before spoiling)
2 cups plain fat free greek yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk
1/3 cup peanut butter or sunbutter
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Puree all the things in a food processor.  Set ice cream maker up to directions.  Turn on, and pour batter in.  Because of the frozen bananas, it takes hardly any time at all to set up - like 5 minutes.  You can also just use unfrozen banana and it will take longer.




1 comment: